**CASTING ALERT** Filmmaker Kartina Richardson is casting for an upcoming feature. “Surreal-ish indie feature seeks women of color any age (18+) with wavy/curly natural hair. The bigger the hair the better! For speaking and non-speaking roles. Acting experiences isn’t necessary but performing experience of some kind is preferred (music artists, performance artists, clowns etc). Comfort with nudity or sex scenes is a plus! Experience with dance/movement is plus! Experience with psychedelics is a plus! Experience with meditation is a plus! Experience with martial arts is a plus! Lesbian or bi actors/performers who are out are particularly encouraged to submit, as well as women of color and androgynous men.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with photos/links to any videos and a brief description of a recent dream you can remember. Shooting is tentatively set for fall 2014 in Dole, France and Vinalhaven Maine.”
So excited for this! I miss Kartina Richardson’s film review blog, Mirror Film. I ended up learning about and watching so many old movies I never heard of (including Martin Scorcese’s debut film, Who’s That Knocking at My Door), and gave more careful consideration to otthers (Elia Kazan’s Baby Doll, for example) through her writing and her truly unique and insightful perspectives on storytelling, cinema, and visual language.
I really am excited to see how this film turns out.
Although it’s no longer updated, you can go through the archives here: http://www.mirrorfilm.org
- Half of a Yellow Sun (Nigeria/UK)
- Burn it Up Djassa (Le Djassa a pris feu) (Ivory Coast)
- Le President (Cameroon/Germany)
- The Forgotten Kingdom (Lesotho/South Africa/US)
- Under the Starry Sky (Senegal/Belgium/France)
- Horizon Beautiful (Ethiopia/Switzerland)
- Aya of Yop City (France)
- Something Necessary (Kenya/Germany)
- Difret (Ethiopia)
- B for Boy (Nigeria)
- Felix (South Africa)
- Ninah’s Dowry (Cameroon/US)
- The Kampala Story (Uganda)
- Imbabazi: The Pardon (Rwanda)
- Fynbos (South Africa/Greece/US)
- Grigris (Chad/France)
- The Last Fishing Boat (Malawi)
- The Great Kilapy (O Grande Kilapy) (Angola/Portugal/Brazil)